E68: Principles of Training | April Fools 50K | Race Golden Rule
Apr 6th, 2017 by fatslowtriathleteshow
A lot of discussion in the group this week about time management for those member working 12+ hour shifts ( we seem to have a lot of doctors/nurses/first responders in the group). John and Randy talk a little about that subject as well as get into the Principles of Training (used liberally from Joe Friel's writings).
Workout of the Week is a swimming session from Randy. And good luck to those that give it a shot:
- 400 Warm Up as 100 paddles and buoy, 200 swim with fists, 100 easy
- 100 Hard - 30 sec rest 200 Hard - 30 sec rest 300 @ IM pace - 30 sec rest
- 300 Hard - 30 sec rest 200 @ IM Pace - 30 sec rest 100 @ IM pace - 30 sec rest
- 100 Hard - 30 sec 200 Hard - 30 sec 300 @ IM pace 200 Hard - 30 sec rest 100 Hard - 30 sec rest
- 200 Cool down as 200 easy
We still have a LONG way to go to meet the 50 shirt minimum at the Booster page, so get your request in and let's see if we can get to the point we need to get to and get these shirts out on the street. Go HERE.
Find your FST Shirts on Amazon by selecting this link or by searching for Fat Slow Triathlete on the site.
You can also get RACE GEAR at Jakroo by going HERE
Use code SHARE15 at TriSports.com for a 15% discount
Use code FATSLOWTRI at Generation UCAN for 15% your order